Successfully Self-Employed Semester
A 10-Module On-Demand Program for Newer/Emerging Entrepreneurs or Those That Want to Get Back to Basics!
Want to start a business but are overwhelmed
with all that it entails?
Have a new business but don’t know how to fully get it off
the ground and running like a well oiled machine?
Been in business a few years but realize that you need help
with foundational basics like operations, branding,
marketing, and pricing?
You are in luck! Welcome to the Successfully Self Employed Semester Self-Study Course!
The Successfully Self Employed Semester is a self-paced 10-module training program to help newer/emerging entrepreneurs with foundational business skills to build your confidence, structure, operations and effectiveness as a business owner. It’s perfect for newer business owners, anyone that is serious about starting a new business, or someone that’s been in business for years but needs to go back to basics.
Topics include: business identity and branding, legal structure and issues, marketing, networking and public relations, sales, pricing and money issues, and operations. It’s a powerful program offered at a fraction of the cost of doing private business coaching.
Why should you choose “Successfully Self-Employed” as your go-to business training program?
- The training is offered as an on-demand self-study course, so no matter where you live or when you are available, this program is flexible and accessible to you!
- Unlike live business training opportunities, there will be no additional costs for travel or hotels.
- Your education extends over 10 modules allowing you time to learn, engage the materials, implement, test out your knowledge, and make your learning last far beyond the end of the semester.
This program will provide you with the knowledge, confidence, and preparation necessary to be able to succeed as an entrepreneur. SSES is a 10-module virtual training program designed to focus on your business growth and success.
The Successfully Self-Employed Semester is perfect for you if:
- You’ve got a new (or soon to be launched) business.
- You need help identifying and choosing what business model is best for you, and what your business identity or brand is.
- You’re interested in shortening the learning curve on complex legal and financial issues, and price your business offerings in a way that makes your business profitable.
- You want to create a marketing plan that you can launch and be excited about.
- You want to know how to better market your business online and offline.
- You’re serious about creating a successful business and are ready to do the work to make that a reality!
What’s Included in the Successfully Self Employed Semester
- 10 Modules – In these content-packed modules (MP3 audio recordings of the live version of this program), you will learn the skills, tools and knowledge base required to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- Course materials – Including worksheets, templates, articles, outlines, exercises, checklists, and other supportive materials to help facilitate the learning process and drive home what you are learning.
Module 1: Introduction
- Overview of course
- Background of “Professor” as an entrepreneur
- Review housekeeping items
Module 2: Business Ownership
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Self Employment
- Common Causes of Business Failure
- The Entrepreneurial Curse
- The Three Hats of a Small Business Owner
Module 3: Business Identity & Branding
- The Brand Called You
- Identifying your target market and ideal client
- Identifying your USP (unique selling proposition)
- Choosing business name, slogan, tag line, etc.
- Personal vs. Corporate Brand
Module 4: All Things Legal
- Learn about the different legal entities for a business
- Considerations of the structure of a business as it relates to liability, employees, size, industry standards, insurance, taxes, etc.
- Agreements to protect your business
Module 5: Show Me the Money
- Pricing/Fee Structure
- How to set your fees to ensure profitability
- Hourly based vs project/flat rate fees
- How to create packages
- Share fees with public, or hold back until prospect calls?
- How to cross-sell and upsell clients to other business offerings
Module 6: Integrative Marketing and Communications
- Learn how to create an internet presence for your business, and how to use the internet to market your business to the world
- Traditional and online marketing strategies designed to market and grow your business
- Create a marketing plan
- Using social media, blogs and article marketing to establish credibility and expertise
Module 7: Networking & Public Relations
- Learn how to partner with other businesses to grow your referral network and become power partners to serve target markets
- Crafting a clever and creative elevator pitch
- Learn how to create a press kit, and write an effective press release
- Using reporter list serves
Module 8: The Sales Process
- Dealing with Prospects/Overcoming Objections/Closing the Deal
- Effective telephone and in-person consultations (how to avoid giving away the kitchen sink)
- Dealing with and following-up with prospects
- Overcoming typical sales objections
- How to close the sales cycle
Module 9: Blueprinting Your Business: Business Operations
- Developing policies and procedures
- Creating an Operations Manual
- Outsourcing and delegating
- Team members: Independent contractors vs. Employees
Module 10: Course Wrap Up
- Putting all of the pieces together
- Taking action
- Staying accountable
- Parting thoughts
PLUS, immediate access to (this is already waiting for you once you register!):
Lisa’s audio program, “Lessons Learned: 5 Lessons I Wish I Had Known When Building My Business”
Lisa’s audio program, “Decision Making as a Means to Living a Satisfying Life & Enjoying a Successful Business”
Private Coaching Upgrade available upon check out.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want More One-on-One Access? Check out the Optional Upgrade: “Triple-Play” Individual Sessions with your Professor. If you need more targeted help, or want me to review your business ideas and materials, you have the option of upgrading and adding on a 3-session bundle at the special rate of only $499 (a $100 savings as a single Individual Session with me is regularly $200-3 sessions would regularly cost $600). LMGU is only offering this special upgrade offer in conjunction with this program – you will not be able to book this in any other way. This option is only available to you for up to 3 months after you purchase the SSES Home Study program.
A personal note from Lisa
My goal is that you walk away from the Successfully Self Employed Semester Self-Study Course having gained knowledge AND application/implementation. I think you’ll agree that’s a terrific and important investment of your time and business capital. I stand behind the value that you will receive in this course. I know without a doubt that this is a small financial investment that you will recoup in future business sales and success – and the time it will save you from learning this on your own or through trial and error. Offering this program in a self-paced on-demand format is what allows me to keep the price at this level.
You might be wondering what makes me qualified to teach you this program.
If you know anything about my approach to business strategy, it is most definitely NOT a fill-in-the-blank, blueprint approach. It IS about building a business that is custom designed for you and your ideal clients.
I’ve built my business online and offline for 12 years (following a 9+ year successful, but eventually unsatisfying, career in law). I happen to think the combination of online and offline is very important in a business training program like this. Why? Because if you learn from someone that has only ever had an online business, he or she may not be in the best “been-there-done-that” position to advise you on offline business success. Many of my clients have what you would call a traditional business (i.e., not just virtual or online!). And many online businesses started by servicing in-person clients, whether they are a service based business or sell a tangible product.
I deliberately built my business with a hybrid consulting and coaching model, virtual and traditional, because I wanted to take advantage of the opportunities that technology provides entrepreneurs today to live anywhere in the world that I choose, but also wanted to be with people face-to-face and connect in the flesh when we could. I’ve designed my business to be flexible – I can choose what consulting projects and speaking engagements I take on (which typically involve travel, or at least, leaving my home office), and I can schedule the rest.
The point is – my business model may not be your best business model. So instead of telling you there is only one model, or giving you a blueprint to follow, my approach is to show you the many options available, and facilitate the process that allows you to make the decision that is the best fit for your life and business goals. This is how I work with my private clients, and this is what you’ll experience when you do the “Successfully Self-Employed Semester Self-Study Course.”
What clients say they value most about working with me is my depth of knowledge, applied in a straight forward manner that delivers thoughtful and practical advice, and breaks down complex or confusing business topics into an easy to understand format.
“Lisa is multi-talented but what I really like about her is her approachability. Lisa knows how to answer the tough questions while making sure you truly understand the answers.” ~ Angela Ploetz of A Red Bench
This is why I call myself a Success Coach and Business Strategist. I am not your typical Business Coach or Business Consultant. It is my mission to make sure that anyone that wants to be a business owner knows what that really means, whether it is the right path for them, and how to do it successfully.
I once heard an expert say “No ship sinks on my watch” and that’s exactly how I feel about you and your business success!
“When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe one of two things will happen: There will be something solid for you to stand upon, or you will be taught how to fly.” ~ Patrick Overton
Let LMGU help teach you how to fly!
“Wow! Where do I begin when it comes to sharing about the bottom line impact that the Successfully Self Employed Semester offered by LMG University has had on my business, goals and perspective?! Some of the value I received in participating in this 12 week program was knowing that I’m going to save a ton of time and money implementing what I learned, versus stumbling around on my own trying to figure it out. During SSES, we thoroughly discussed the crucial topics needed to be a successful business owner. Due to Lisa’s exceptional expertise, as well as the camaraderie and team spirit of the participants, I accomplished several goals and tasks promptly and efficiently while learning how to increase my sales, legally protect, and automate my business. Belonging to a group of entrepreneurs who come with their unique backgrounds and experiences complimented by Lisa’s invaluable knowledge and business savvy, we were able to walk through personal and professional fears, and gain broader perspectives around what may be going on behind the scenes. We addressed some of the deeper issues holding us and our businesses back. What a gift to receive on-the-spot input, ideas and constructive feedback regarding my elevator speech, marketing materials, legal business status, and so much more. If you’re looking for a program that will show you how to maximize results and profits over the long haul, I highly recommend Lisa Montanaro’s Successfully Self Employed Semester.” ~ Natasha Rickert, www.EnergytoOrganize.com
“Lisa, I so enjoy the women’s entrepreneur mastermind group sessions that you facilitate. You share with us very practical and useful information that we can apply to our businesses and our personal lives. You provide the right balance between sharing and allowing us to reflect, ask questions, and comment. Also, thank you for being transparent, and sharing your successes and challenges that you have encountered in your business. This is both refreshing and gives us encouragement. Lastly, the handouts are great! Thank you for sharing some of the tools you use in your business. Not everyone would do this! I’m eagerly looking forward to the next sessions!” ~ Migdalia, Educational Consultant and Coach, Westchester County, NY
“What a fantastic Women’s Enterprise Development Center Mastermind Class last night! I always get so much from your classes, but this last class blew my socks off. Everyone was changed last night. We all stayed after you left and talked about what happened for quite a while afterwards. I’m so sorry to see the classes coming to a close. Thanks so much for everything.” ~ Christine Sinclair
“I have Lisa now as a mentor and coach for a women entrepreneur mastermind program that I am doing . . . And it is truly the best experience I have ever had.” ~ Mary Stephanie Pasqualetto
“Taking the “DECIDE to be Organized” 6-week group coaching program with Lisa Montanaro was a business and personal decision that has been so motivating and empowering! It has changed me in so many positive ways. I am also a Professional Organizer and help others all the time with their organizing dilemmas. I took the DECIDE program to help myself, and learn from Lisa both personally and professionally. Over the six weeks, I had a sense of direction and was able to focus more on the areas that needed help, as I felt accountable. The weekly calls were a time to share and get feedback from the other participants, and for Lisa to share her knowledge and expertise. Lisa was so understanding and encouraging, and had a way of inspiring each of us to be better. I learned so much from this program and would recommend it to anyone who knows they want to make changes, and just needs some help to get there!” ~ Michelle O’Sullivan, Saving Spaces, Burlington, Ontario, Canada